Puerto Punta Arenas
Magdalena Island is located in the center of the Strait of Magellan, at 35 km (21 ml.) to the north of city of Punta Arenas.
OPTION 1: We will be waiting you at our office (5 minutes by car from the pier) at 10.30 AM Only US$ 169
OPTION 2: The journey begins at the Prat Pier, where we will board our comfortable ship Yká Petrel; after the departure, we will enjoy a privileged view of the city and then, we will sail across the mythical Strait of Magellan towards Magdalena Island. Only US$ 195
Once there, we will land and be able to walk among thousands of penguins for about one hour, reaching a lighthouse, in which we will be provided with further information about the place and the fauna diversity. Finally, we will be sailing back, not before a stop at Santa Marta Island, where it is possible to see a natural Sea Lions Colony together with beautiful cormorants and seagulls.
The journey is 4.5 hours long approximately and includes the transfer from your hotel to the pier, the park ticket and a snack.
- Pick- up of the passengers (OPTION 2)
- Travel along the Water front of Punta Arenas.(a brief Panoramic City Tour ).
- The visit to the Penguin Colony “Monumento Natural Los Pingüinos” located in Magdalena Island it will be for 1 hour.
- Going Along Marta Island to allow our passengers to watch a Colony of Sea Lions, Cormorans and other birds that inhabit in the Area.
- Bilingual Guide.
- Entrance fee to the Penguin Colony.